Manuals and guides for the Ongoing Warehouse WMS
Are you a customer of a third-party logistics provider which uses the Ongoing Warehouse Management System? We have prepared some materials for you.
- 3PL customer manual - a manual intended for the customers of logistics providers.
- The benefits of using the Ongoing WMS - read about the benefits of letting a 3PL provider handle your logistics using the Ongoing WMS.
Introduction for administrators in seven easy pieces
An important part of most warehouses' use of the Ongoing WMS, is an integration with a separate transport system. This system deals with transport labels and the communication with carriers. We have prepared a series of articles on this subject.
- Introduction to transport systems - Learn more about how to streamline your transports using an integration between Ongoing and a transport system.
- Adding an integration with a transport system - How to add an integration with a transport system to your Ongoing WMS.
- Setting up transporters - Learn how to add new transporters in Ongoing so they can be used in an integration with a transport system.
- Using the integration - When the integration has been set up, you are ready to begin using it.
- Transporter prioritization - It is possible to have the system automatically select a transporter for orders, given a set of rules which you maintain.
Further topics for administrators
Once you have gotten a hang of the basics, you can move on to more advanced features which help in making your warehouse more efficient.
Day to day management
- Inventory adjustments - Mistakes will happen during picking and receiving - learn how to correct them.
- Inventory tasks - A systematic way of taking stock of your entire warehouse, or a part of the warehouse.
- Invoicing - The Ongoing WMS has a powerful invoicing system which allows warehouses to accurately charge their customers.
- Picking multiple orders at the same time - Improve your warehouse's productivity by picking multiple orders at the same time.
- Batch and serial numbers - Do you need to store batch and serial numbers for the goods in your warehouse? Learn more about it here.
- Customer returns - Learn how to handle customer returns which are sent to the warehouse.
- Refill orders - Description of refill orders and a short guide on how to use them to refill your picking locations.
- Multiple warehouses - How to work with multiple warehouses in the Ongoing WMS.
- Printing in Ongoing - Various kinds of documents and labels can be printed from Ongoing.
- Automatic printing - Description of and a short guide on how to install the Ongoing Printer Service, which allows Ongoing to automatically trigger printouts in your warehouse.
Kits and production articles
- Kit articles - Learn how to define kit articles, that is, articles which are composed of other articles.
- Production - The Ongoing WMS has a production module which can be used to produce new items.
Learn how to grant API access to someone who wishes to integrate with your Ongoing system.
API access »
Various kinds of data (such as article data and orders) can be imported into Ongoing from Excel.
Excel import »
The Ongoing Warehouse Management system can be configured to send emails automatically for various events.
Automatic emails »
The Ongoing WMS provides a mobile version of the system which 3PL customers can use to easily place orders and check stock balances.
Mobile version »