Table of contents
- Maintaining the rules
It is possible for the system to automatically choose a suitable transporter for an order using rules which are maintained by the system's super user. For instance, you might want to make sure that all orders above a certain weight are shipped with a particular transporter.
The system can be set up so that the automatic transporter selection is applied when orders are created, or when the orders are closed. If you are interested in this feature, please discuss this with your contact person at Ongoing.
Maintaining the rules
The rules can be found in the menu Registers ⇒ Transporter Prioritization:
Each rule is a row in a table. Each rule has a certain priority. When the system tries to figure out which transporter to use for a particular order, it performs the following procedure:
- The system finds all prioritization rows which match the given order.
- Then the system selects the row with the lowest prioritization value.
- Customer number
- Customer name
- Post code
- Ordered weight
- Ordered volume
- Delivery country
- Order type
- Use large spans between each priority, e.g. create the first rule with priority 1000, and the second rule with priority 2000, and so on.
- Make the "most specific" rules have the lowest priority. E.g. if you want to have a special rule for a particular customer number, then that rule should appear early in the list.
- If you want to have different rules for different delivery countries, make sure that the countries are grouped together.
Below we provide some examples for how the rules can be set up. First we describe in words what the rules mean, and then we show how it would be set up in the system.
- Orders weighing at most 50 kg will use Transporter 1.
- Orders weighing between 50 kg and 200 kg will use Transporter 2.
- Orders weighing more than 200 kg will use Transporter 3.
Customer number based
- Orders for customer number CUS123 will use Transporter 1.
- All other orders will use Transporter 2.
Volume and country based
- All orders going to Denmark will use Transporter 1.
- All orders to Sweden and Norway with a volume of at most 1 cubic meter will use Transporter 2.
- All orders to Sweden and Norway with a volume of more than 1 cubic meter will use Transporter 3.
- Orders to any other country will not get any automatic transporter at all.