Manuals and guides for Ongoing WMS
Are you a customer of a third-party logistics provider which uses Ongoing WMS? We have prepared some materials for you.
- 3PL's customer manual - a manual intended for the customers of logistics providers.
- The benefits of using Ongoing WMS - read about the benefits of letting a 3PL provider handle your logistics using Ongoing WMS.
An important part of most warehouses' use of Ongoing WMS, is an integration with a separate transport system. This system deals with transport labels and the communication with carriers. We have prepared a series of articles on this subject.
- Introduction to transport systems - Learn more about how to streamline your transports using an integration between Ongoing WMS and a transport system.
- Adding an integration with a transport system - How to add an integration with a transport system to Ongoing WMS.
- Configure transporters - Learn how to add new transporters in Ongoing WMS so they can be used in an integration with a transport system.
- Using the transport system integration - When the integration has been set up, you are ready to begin using it.
- Transporter assignment - It is possible to have the system automatically select a transporter for orders, given a set of rules which you maintain.
- Customs documents - Are you going to need customs documents to ship your orders?
- Picking multiple orders at the same time - Improve your warehouse's productivity by picking multiple orders at the same time.
- Partial deliveries - If you don't have enough stock to fulfil an entire order, you can deliver parts of it.
- Statuses - Learn about the statuses of orders, purchase orders and production orders.
- Order pickability - Tell immediately whether an order can be picked or not.
- Warehouse assignment - If you are running several warehouses in one instance of Ongoing WMS, you can automatically route orders to the correct warehouse.
- Consolidated orders - Learn more about how to send orders together.
- Creating purchase orders - A guide to creating purchase orders and the existing support functionality built into Ongoing WMS.
- Statistics - Ongoing WMS provides statistics for all transactions.
Stock and inventory
- Batch and serial numbers - Do you need to store batch and serial numbers for the goods in your warehouse? Learn more about it here.
- Refill orders - Description of refill orders and a short guide on how to use them to refill your picking locations.
- Inventory adjustments - Mistakes will happen during picking and receiving - learn how to correct them.
- Inventory tasks - A systematic way of taking stock of your entire warehouse, or a part of the warehouse.
- Control of goods - Learn more about how to set up processes for control of goods.
- Warehouse map - The warehouse map gives you visual representation of each location in your warehouse.
- Multiple warehouses - How to work with multiple warehouses in Ongoing WMS.
- 3PL invoicing - Ongoing WMS has a powerful invoicing system which allows warehouses to accurately charge their customers.
- Printing in Ongoing WMS - Various kinds of documents and labels can be printed from Ongoing WMS.
- Automatic printing - Description of and a short guide on how to install the Ongoing Printer Service, which allows Ongoing WMS to automatically trigger printouts in your warehouse.
- Printer hardware - A guide for selecting hardware for printing labels and other documents.
Kits and production articles
- Kit articles - Learn how to define kit articles, that is, articles which are composed of other articles.
- Production - Ongoing WMS has a production module which can be used to produce new items.
- Academic theses - Ongoing Warehouse gladly hosts students who wish to write their Master's thesis at our company.
Learn how to grant API access to someone who wishes to integrate with Ongoing WMS.
API access »
Various kinds of data (such as article data and orders) can be imported into Ongoing WMS from Excel.
Excel import »
Ongoing WMS can be configured to send emails automatically for various events.
Automatic emails »
Ongoing WMS provides a mobile version of the system which 3PL's customers can use to easily place orders and check stock balances.
Mobile version »
Learn how to update multiple objects at the same time.
Multiple updates »