Table of contents
AutoStore offers automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) that makes warehouses both space and time efficient. Learn more about AutoStore's automation systems by watching this video.
Ongoing Warehouse is used in several AutoStore projects together with Element Logic. There are upcoming projects with other implementors. The main benefit of connecting your AutoStore to Ongoing WMS is the use of our Automation API which creates a flexible but cost-efficient implementation.
Integration by Element Logic
The integration between Ongoing WMS and AutoStore is provided by Element Logic, who are specialized on AutoStore automation systems.
Contact Element Logic if you want to know more about the integration of AutoStore automation solutions in Ongoing WMS.
Using AutoStore warehouse automation with Ongoing WMS is straight forward and easy. The storage logic inside an AutoStore warehouse is mainly handled by the eManager application which integrates with Ongoing WMS. eManagaer is s software solution provided with Element Logic with the aim to control AutoStore and communicate with the WMS.
The workflow of an AutoStore warehouse automation system may be divided into putting away and picking up goods.
From Ongoing WMS' point of view, the AutoStore system can be seen as a lift automation system.
The lift is in the basic configuration represented by three warehouse locations, Lift, Lift_In and Lift_Out.
Lift is the storage location of the goods whereas Lift_In and Lift_Out are used for putting away and picking up the goods.
The workflow can be illustrated as:
Putaway to AutoStore
To store goods in the AutoStore warehouse automation system:
- Move the goods to the input area of the system (Lift_In). Do this physically and in Ongoing WMS.
- Doing this will notify eManager to move the lift (or conveyor belt) and store the goods.
- When the lift is done putting the goods away, it communicates with Ongoing WMS and moves the goods to the Lift's storage location.
Pick from AutoStore
To pick up goods from the AutoStore warehouse automation system:
- Create an order in Ongoing WMS.
- When the order is allocated, Ongoing WMS creates a move order that is sent to the lift.
- Complete the move order in the eManager application.
- The lift then picks the desired items and moves them from the locations Lift to Lift_Out.
- The items should now be ready for picking.