Table of contents
Autostore offers robotic storage automation that makes warehouses both space and time efficient. Learn more about Autostore's automation systems
Also see this page for information on examples of automation hardware and how it may be used.
The integration between Ongoing and Autostore is provided by Element Logic, who are
specialized on Autostore automation systems.
Contact Element Logic if you want to know more about the integration of Autostore automation solutions in Ongoing.
Using Autostore warehouse automation with Ongoing WMS is straight forward and easy. The storage logic inside an Autostore warehouse is mainly handled by the EWMS application which integrates with Ongoing.
The workflow of an Autostore warehouse automation system may be divided into putting away and picking up goods.
From Ongoing's point of view, the Autostore system can be seen as a lift automation system.
The lift is in the basic configuration represented by three warehouse locations, Lift, Lift_In and Lift_Out.
Lift is the storage location of the goods whereas Lift_In and Lift_Out are used for putting away and picking up the goods.
The workflow can be illustrated as:
Putaway To Autostore
To store goods in the Autostore warehouse automation system:
- Move the goods to the input area of the system (Lift_In). Do this physically and in Ongoing.
- Doing this will notify EWMS to move the the lift (or conveyor belt) and store the goods.
- When the lift is done putting the goods away, it communicates with Ongoing and moves the goods to the Lift's storage locaction.
Pick From Autostore
To pick up goods from the Autostore warehouse automation system:
- Create an order in Ongoing.
- When the order is allocated, Ongoing creates a move order that is sent to the lift.
- Complete the move order in the EWMS application.
- The lift then picks the desired items and moves them from the locations Lift to Lift_Out.
- The items should now be ready for picking.