Porterbuddy is real-time on-demand platform which allocates professional delivery capacity (professional couriers and taxis) to carry out deliveries to the customer location of choice - be it in the office, at home or in the park. It currently operates in Norway.
IntroductionOngoing WMS has an integration with Porterbuddy which allows you to:
- Update the number of packages and dimensions in a Porterbuddy shipment.
- Retrieve and print the shipping labels from a Porterbuddy shipment.
The integration is intended to be used in conjunction with Porterbuddy's webshop plugin which can be installed on the goods owner's webshop. The entire flow from start to finish works like this:
- An end-customer places an order in the goods owner's webshop.
- The customer is shown Porterbuddy's webshop plugin, which allows the customer to select a delivery slot.
- Porterbuddy's plugin creates a Porterbuddy shipment and sends the Porterbuddy OrderId back to the webshop.
- Using a webshop integration, the webshop order (together with Porterbuddy's OrderId) is sent to Ongoing WMS.
- The warehouse operators pick and pack the order in Ongoing WMS.
- When the warehouse operators go to finish the order in Ongoing WMS, our Porterbuddy integration will update the number of packages in the shipment and retrieve the shipping labels from Porterbuddy.
- The shipping labels are printed.
The following data is required to set up an integration with Porterbuddy:
- API key
After you have gathered this information, please see this guide on how to set up an integration between Ongoing WMS and Porterbuddy.
You also need to make sure that every order which uses Porterbuddy, also contains Porterbuddy's OrderId. This value should be stored in the PreparedTransportDocumentId field in Ongoing WMS. It can usually be arranged so that this value is transferred automatically from the webshop.