Integration between Ongoing WMS and Weland Compact Store
Table of contents
Weland Compact Store is a system used to control vertical storage lifts. It's capable of handling deliveries, transfers, refills and more.
Weland offers an integration between their Compact Store and Ongoing WMS. You can read more about it at their page.
Also see this page for information on examples of automation hardware and how it may be used.
Using Weland storage lift automation with Ongoing WMS is straight forward and easy. The storage logic inside a Weland storage lift is mainly handled by the Compact Store application which integrates with Ongoing WMS.
The workflow of a Weland storage lift may be divided into putting away and picking up goods.
The lift is in the basic configuration represented by three warehouse locations, Lift, Lift_In and Lift_Out.
Lift is the storage location of the goods whereas Lift_In and Lift_Out are used for putting away and picking up the goods.
The workflow can be illustrated as:
Putaway To Lift
To putaway goods to the lift storage:
- Move the goods to the input area of the Lift (Lift_In). Do this physically and in Ongoing WMS.
- Doing this will notify Compact Store to move the lift and store the goods
- When the lift is done putting the goods away, it communicates with Ongoing WMS and moves the goods to the Lift's storage locaction (Lift).
Pick From Lift
To pick up goods from the lift storage:
- Create an order in Ongoing WMS.
- When the order is allocated, Ongoing WMS creates a move order that is sent to the lift.
- Complete the move order in the Compact Store application.
- The lift then picks the desired items and moves them from the locations Lift to Lift_Out.
- The items should now be ready for picking.