Table of contents
Outbound scanning can be done using pallets. With this type of scanning, it is possible to pick orders and put the scanned articles on pallets or in boxes on pallets. In Ongoing WMS, the space where the packages are put is referred to as pallet items. The difference between this scanning flow and batch pick scanning is that in the batch pick scanning one prepares multiple orders at the same time, and put the articles in labeled bins. With the outbound pallet scanning, one order is considered at the time and the packages are put on selected pallets or boxes on pallets.
The standard work flow is to first prepare the order to be picked in the system. The items which are to be picked are tied ("allocated") to the order. When this is done, the order can be processed in the hand-held unit. Whenever you scan an article, it is removed from stock. Progress can be easily monitored from the system. When all goods have been scanned, the order status is updated.
The following information can be displayed in the hand-held unit:
- A table containing the articles to pick.
- A table containing the articles which have already been picked.
- Customer information (name, address, way of delivery, and so on).
Article number based scanning
Here is an illustration of the pallet scanning work flow.
- By pressing "Clear" at any time during scanning of an article you can clear all scanned information for the current article.
- By pressing "Cancel" any time during the scanning you can select a new order to work with.
- By pressing "Skip" you can skip a suggested article to process. Skipped articles will be placed at the back of the line of suggested articles.
- By pressing the button "Close" at any time during the scanning you can update the order to status "Picked".
- When the order is closed it will get the status "Picked".
A pallet item is referred to as a space where to put packages, which can be either a pallet or a box on a pallet. In the outbound pallet scanning dialog, all articles are to be put on pallets or on boxes on pallets. Below you see an example of how the scanning dialog looks like.
In the blue box a suggestion of an article to pick is shown.
In the list of pallet items, you find all current pallet items available. In this example there are two pallets, one with two boxes (marked with arrows to the left). Select desired pallet item, or create a new one.
Create pallet item
You can create pallet items inside the scanning dialog, where the following can be specified:
- Packaging type
- Goods category
- Parcel number
- Volume (length, width and height)
The Calculated weight column will be updated as articles are put onto the pallets.
Outside scanning dialog
When an order has been picked, the pallet items and their contents can been found by expanding the order in the order view of your Ongoing WMS.