Manuals and guides for Ongoing WMS
Are you a customer of a third-party logistics provider which uses Ongoing WMS? We have prepared some materials for you.
- 3PL's customer manual - a manual intended for the customers of logistics providers.
- The benefits of using Ongoing WMS - read about the benefits of letting a 3PL provider handle your logistics using Ongoing WMS.
An important part of most warehouses' use of Ongoing WMS, is an integration with a separate transport system. This system deals with transport labels and the communication with carriers. We have prepared a series of articles on this subject.
- Introduction to transport systems - Learn more about how to streamline your transports using an integration between Ongoing WMS and a transport system.
- Adding an integration with a transport system - How to add an integration with a transport system to Ongoing WMS.
- Configure transporters - Learn how to add new transporters in Ongoing WMS so they can be used in an integration with a transport system.
- Using the transport system integration - When the integration has been set up, you are ready to begin using it.
- Transporter assignment - It is possible to have the system automatically select a transporter for orders, given a set of rules which you maintain.
Further topics for administrators
Once you have gotten a hang of the basics, you can move on to more advanced features which help in making your warehouse more efficient.
Day to day management
- Inventory adjustments - Mistakes will happen during picking and receiving - learn how to correct them.
- Inventory tasks - A systematic way of taking stock of your entire warehouse, or a part of the warehouse.
- 3PL invoicing - Ongoing WMS has a powerful invoicing system which allows warehouses to accurately charge their customers.
- Picking multiple orders at the same time - Improve your warehouse's productivity by picking multiple orders at the same time.
- Batch and serial numbers - Do you need to store batch and serial numbers for the goods in your warehouse? Learn more about it here.
- Creating purchase orders - A guide to creating purchase orders and the existing support functionality built into Ongoing WMS.
- Refill orders - Description of refill orders and a short guide on how to use them to refill your picking locations.
- Multiple warehouses - How to work with multiple warehouses in Ongoing WMS.
- Warehouse assignment - If you are running several warehouses in one instance of Ongoing WMS, you can automatically route orders to the correct warehouse.
- Statuses - Learn about the statuses of orders, purchase orders and production orders.
- Order pickability - Tell at a glance whether an order can be picked or not.
- Consolidated orders - Learn more about how to send orders together
- Printing in Ongoing WMS - Various kinds of documents and labels can be printed from Ongoing WMS.
- Automatic printing - Description of and a short guide on how to install the Ongoing Printer Service, which allows Ongoing WMS to automatically trigger printouts in your warehouse.
- Printer hardware - A guide for selecting hardware for printing labels and other documents.
Kits and production articles
- Kit articles - Learn how to define kit articles, that is, articles which are composed of other articles.
- Production - Ongoing WMS has a production module which can be used to produce new items.
Learn how to grant API access to someone who wishes to integrate with Ongoing WMS.
API access »
Various kinds of data (such as article data and orders) can be imported into Ongoing WMS from Excel.
Excel import »
Ongoing WMS can be configured to send emails automatically for various events.
Automatic emails »
Ongoing WMS provides a mobile version of the system which 3PL's customers can use to easily place orders and check stock balances.
Mobile version »